pamelaokramer

pamelaokramer

The Future of Us - Jay Asher, Carolyn Mackler The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler is a brilliantly done novel. It takes that which fascinates most of us -- whether we are young or old -- and creates a "what if" story.

Most Americans who have computer access and are under the age of sixty are on Facebook. It's as natural as breathing for most of us to check our Facebook page at least daily. Younger people get updates as texts so they are never away from it.

The story is about neighboring teenagers who have been friends since childhood. As close as they were growing up, they have grown apart because one of them wanted to make the relationship into something more than just a friendship.

It's 1996 and Emma just got a computer as a gift from her absent Dad. It's kind of a guilt gift to try to make up for the fact that he has a new family and other responsibilities. Her mother is absent in a different way -- she's got a new boyfriend and they are already planning on what to do with the house when Emma leaves for college.

Read the entire review at: